– Finalists demonstrated how their innovative use of information communication technology (ICT) has improved the quality of patient care
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Oct. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — HIMSS and Elsevier, the global information analytics business specializing in science and health, are proud to announce the finalists for the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Middle East Award 2018. Winners will be announced on 10 October at the Four Seasons Hotel in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, during the Awards Ceremony at the HIMSS Saudi Arabia Conference and Exhibition 2018. The event will be attended by prominent healthcare leaders, and all nominees and finalists.
The Award”s call for submissions opened in August with strong participation including contributions from Bahrain, Egypt, United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This year”s award focused on recognizing healthcare organizations which have harnessed information and technology to successfully advance patient care and safety, under the Outstanding ICT Achievement category.
The 2018 Finalists for Outstanding ICT Achievement are:
- ‘Universal Newborn Critical Congenital Heart Disorders (CCHD) Screening in MOHAP Maternity Hospitals’ project, from the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, standardized the CCHD screening standards to ensure all babies are tested positive after screening, and to receive critical interventions in a timely and safe manner.
- ‘Tele ICU & Command and Control Center’ project, from Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group in Saudi Arabia allowed off-site intensivists and/or critical care nurses to assist in the treatment of critically ill patients
- ‘Thalassemia Electronic Integrated Clinical Pathway (TEICP)’ project, also from the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention was developed for the care of patients with Thalassemia disease. The TEICP module helped to decrease patient waiting time, decrease physician and nurse assessment time, and ensure quality patient monitoring.
The finalists were selected by a distinguished judging panel:
- Mariam Almutairi, Takween Tech, KSA
- Dr. Osama ElHassan, Head of eHealth, Dubai Health Authority, UAE
- John Daniels, Global Vice President, HIMSS Analytics, USA
- Tim Morris, Product & Partnership Director, Elsevier EMEALA/APAC
‘Since the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award debuted four years ago in the Middle East, this award has become a key platform to showcase strong ICT projects from across the region — all aiming at improving patient care and safety. We are always impressed by the high level of quality submissions received year-on-year,’ said Tim Morris, Product & Partnership Director, EMEALA/APAC, Elsevier, and an award judge. ‘On behalf of Elsevier and the judging panel, thank you to everyone who entered this year”s award.’
The HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award Middle East first launched in 2015 and has established itself as a key recognition for health organizations to achieve. Over the years, the Award has attracted 66 submissions across 8 countries and 25 unique organizations in the Middle East.
The gala is private and by invitation only. Please contact Aliaa Adel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to enquire about attendance eligibility.
HIMSS is a global advisor and thought leader supporting the transformation of health through information and technology. As a mission driven non-profit, HIMSS offers a unique depth and breadth of expertise in health innovation, public policy, workforce development, research and analytics to advise global leaders, stakeholders and influencers on best practices in health information and technology. Through our innovation companies, HIMSS delivers key insights, education and engaging events to healthcare providers, governments and market suppliers, ensuring they have the right information at the point of decision. As an association, HIMSS encompasses more than 72,000 individual members and 630 corporate members. We partner with hundreds of providers, academic institutions and health services organizations on strategic initiatives that leverage innovative information and technology. Together, we work to improve health, access and the quality and cost-effectiveness of healthcare. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HIMSS serves the global health information and technology communities with focused operations across North America, Europe, United Kingdom, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. www.himssme.org
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals advance healthcare, open science and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support and professional education, including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 38,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray”s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
– The Award received 18 regional submissions from four countries for the ”Outstanding ICT Achievement” category